I’m exhausted. It’s been a long day.

I worked till 2:30 and felt anxious all day. I also didn’t really have anything to do and he was there, so the time crawled by. My appointment was for 3, but I didn’t actually see the doctor till about 3:45. It went better than I expected, I think. The doctor was very knowledgeble. She was nice, but I didn’t feel all that comfortable. I kind of didn’t mention every single one of my symptoms, since I felt odd. I mentioned the most important ones, I think. I was suprised when she said it was most likely inappropriate sinus tachycardia, possibly with a secondary orthostatic intolerance such as POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). I mean, that’s what I’ve been thinking is wrong but I’ve read that people have a really hard time actually getting the diagnosis since a lot of doctors haven’t even heard of them. Unfortunately, as I knew, she said they can both be hard to treat and isn’t really a “cure” but they can go away on their own sometimes. Of more concern is my blood pressure apparently. It’s been high for the past month or so. My mom has high blood pressure, and she said it could be the beginnings of it. Or there could be a treatable reason for it. Such as narrowing of the kidney renal arteries. Of course, I don’t really care for the treatment of that as it involves a catheter. Or it could be hormonal, such as a tumor of the adrenal gland. Don’t really care for that either, as it involves surgery. If you want my non-cardiologist opinion, I think it’s something that just goes along with the IST and POTS. From reading forums on both, apparently a good number have high blood pressure (although low blood pressure is just as common with POTS and even more of a pain due to fainting). So, she gave me a beta-blocker to help with the blood pressure and pulse. Kind of nervous as I heard they can cause bad fatigue and I already have enough of that due to my heart working overtime.

Even more fun, she ordered more tests. A 24 hour urine collection (you have to keep the urine in the fridge during it…yuck). More blood tests. An ultrasound of my kidney area. I think that’s all. Oh, and a pregnacy test. Wouldn’t it be funny if it turns out I’m pregnant too? Not really. Not sure why she ordered that…guess to be sure it’s not pregnancy hormones making me weird. Then I go see her after we get the test results, so who knows when that could be. A month or two? They’re going to be calling me to schedule the tests.

Comments are closed.