friday five a day late
1. How long have you had a weblog? Since Sunday April 23, 2000
2. What was your first post about? It said “Just testing this out.” and was posted at 9:21 PM. I never have and never will delete my archives.
3. How many changes (name, location, etc.) of your weblog have there been, if more than one? I originally called it “waves of the web” and it was a subpage, located at /log/ probably. It was a true weblog, full of links. Then on Saturday July 8, 2000 I decided to move it to my index page. It became titleless and a useful tool for announcing updates to my website.
4. What CMS (content management system) do you use? I started out with blogger. I then moved to greymatter when that came out and to movabletype when that came out. I’m still using movabletype, only now I’m using the mysql version. I use b2 and pmachine on other sites of mine so I’m pretty well-rounded CMS-wise.
5. Do you read people who have both a journal and a weblog? Or do you prefer to read people who have all of their writing in one central place? Yes, a lot of my friends have both. Weblogs are okay, but there’s nothing that will ever replace a nice long journal entry.