Mom mentioned to me today that she thinks Snickers may have eaten some of that tainted cat food before she died. She said Poe wouldn’t eat it (although that’s not unusual for him…he’s very picky), but Snickers would. It being one of the brands that was on the recall list. The vet wasn’t sure why she died, but I guess we’ll never know if it was the cat food or not. (For those who haven’t heard yet, they announced today that it was rat poison in the food.
This whole pet food crisis has had me really upset all week. I don’t feed any of those to our cats, but I can imagine how the people who did feed them to their pets feel.
It’s also scary too, how easily pet (and human) food can be contaminated.