2004 Year in Review Meme (because I’m at work and I’m bored)
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Got fired (go me)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some I did, some I didn’t. I don’t make resolutions though, I make New Year’s Hopefuls and yes I will be making some this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The only time I left Pennsylvania was when Joe and I flew to Missouri in January.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A job that didn’t cause me pain, money, a bachelor’s degree
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Deciding on a career, have a 4.0 at my new college so far
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting fired, not getting the graphic design job, and the subsequent depression
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Tendonitis in my hip, allergies, and now my arm/shoulder problems
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new digital camera
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Joe, for putting up with me
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people at my last job.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, the vet, books
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Starting at my new college in my new degree program, getting Akasha
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Bowling for Soup’s 1985 (yeah, weird choice, I know)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I’m not sure. Happier maybe.
b) thinner or fatter? ugh…fatter
c) richer or poorer? I suppose poorer. I’m making more money but am way more in debt.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being depressed, being unemployed.
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
With my family and Joe.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
With Akasha, our new cat.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I dislike some more people, but I don’t hate anyone new.
25. What was the best book you read?
Angels and Demons, and the Davinci Code by Dan Brown
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Again, Bowling for Soup’s 1985
27. What did you want and get?
I got most of the material things I wanted.
28. What did you want and not get?
A graphic design job. Good health. A vacation. Day trips. More happiness.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Red Lobster with the family and Joe. I was 25.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a job I liked and that didn’t cause me pain.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Whatever I happened to fit into since I couldn’t afford new clothes really.
33. What kept you sane?
Joe, Spencer, Akasha, books
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one really.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
My old self.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Getting fired isn’t fun, but isn’t the end of the world.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Can’t think one.