1. When did you first start stitching?
I started stitching in late winter/early spring of 1999. I worked at Ben Franklin’s at the time. I saw this one kit and had to buy it. I had tried cross-stitching a little goose when I was about 10 or so but never finished it.
2. How long have you been stitching?
It’s been almost exactly five years.
3. Did someone teach you or did you teach yourself?
Mom tried to teach me with the goose project but I wasn’t into it at the time. I taught myself later using the instructions that came with the kit.
4. Describe your first project (if you can remember!).
It was A New Beginning, a seaside scene. It was all full and half cross-stitches with back-stitching. Plus cording. It was very enjoyable to stitch.
5. When did you first realise that stitching was for you?
It’s not something I really realized. I just kept buying kits that I liked until it became an actual hobby rather than an occasional thing.