About The Tree
1. When do you put up the Christmas tree? sometime in December…two weeks before Christmas or so
2. Real or Fake? Fake. My parent’s choice.
3. Lights? What color? Yes, multicolor
4. Garland? I think there’s red bead garland on it.
5. Theme or No theme? no theme at all.
6. What kind of topper? a star I made out of beads about 10 years ago. I have an angel I made out of beads for “my” tree (when I’m not living here).
7. What’s your favorite ornament? I really like this purple fish ornament I bought for dad when I was like 11. My mom hates it.
8. What does your tree skirt look like? I really have no idea.
9. Where do you put your tree? In the living room, in the corner, on top of an end table.
10. Who decorates the tree? I mostly put the decorations on this year. My parents put on the lights and beads.
11. What’s “under” the tree? An end table! But there’s two reindeer and a sled also on top of the end table under the tree.
12. Do you put candy canes on your tree? Only fake ones. The animals are always trying to steal the ornaments as is.
About The Foods
1. What’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Sandtarts! Yum.
2. Do you bake cookies and give them away? To my brother’s family.
3. Any “special” foods or candy that you only have at Christmas time? Just the sandtarts.
4. What do you eat on Christmas Eve? Turkey, ham, corn, mashed potatoes, pickles, olives, sweet potatos, cranberries, rolls, pumpkin pie, cookies, chocolate, and usually this fruit salad my one aunt makes (she wasn’t there this year). This is pretty much the menu every year with slight variations.
5. What do you eat on Christmas Day? Crab legs, shrimp, wings, sandwiches, veggies and dip. More pickles and olives. We just started doing this about five years ago. Before that it was Christmas eve leftovers. At night we have cheese, ring bologna, chips and veggies and dip.
6. Do you like Eggnog? With rum.
7. Do you like candy canes? They’re ok. I didn’t have any this year.
About The Decorations
1. Where do you hang your stockings? On the back of the couch on Christmas Eve. Right now, only I have one, and my cat and Stanley the dog. Only mine goes on the couch though. The presents for me also magically appear on the couch overnight on Christmas eve.
2. Do you put lights on your house? In the windows and around the front porch.
3. Got any outside lawn decorations? There’s two reindeer and a Christmas tree light thing.
4. Do you put up a nativity? No.
5. Do you hang mistletoe under the door? No.
6. Got a wreath on your front door? Yes, and I still have my fall wreath on my bedroom door
7. How long does it take you to decorate? Couple hours?
About The Movies/Shows
1. Favorite Children’s Xmas TV show/cartoon? Rudolph!
2. Wonderful Life / Miracle on 34th Street / A Christmas Carol…Which is the best? I don’t really watch any of them.
3. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
4. Have you ever seen the Nutcracker Suite Ballet live?No.
5. Ever been to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas show? No.
6. Ever gone to the movies on Christmas Day? No.
7. Did you know it’s the biggest day of the box-office? No.
Other Christmas Things….
1. Favorite Christmas book or story? The Night Before Christmas
2. Do you stuff your stockings with any types of food? No…presents go in ours.
3. Do you go to church on Christmas or Christmas Eve? No.
4. Have you ever gone Caroling? No.
5. Favorite Christmas Carol? The Twelve Days of Christmas. My favorite song is “Holly Jolly Christmas”.
6. Do you believe in Santa? No.
7. Do you leave Santa cookies? Not anymore.
8. What about Rudolph…leave him anything? Nope.
9. What was your best Christmas gift? Possibly my bass guitar when I was 13.
10. What was the worst/most odd gift? Don’t remember.
11. Do you go to a “work” Christmas party? No.
12. Do you like/hate going to the “work” Christmas Party? I would probably like them. The BookMarket does not have them.
13. Do you send Christmas cards (handmade or bought)? Yes. Usually ones that places like the Humane Society sent my mom (free cards! woo!).
14. Do you make a “list”? Not this year. Most years I do.
15. Do you check it twice? Yes.
16. Have you been “naughty” or “nice”? Naughty 😉
17. Who’s on your list this year? Parents, brother and his family, Joe, few friends.
18. When do you start shopping? Right after Thanksgiving.
19. Do you shop on Black Friday? Never.
20. Are you ready for Christmas? Yep.