You’re from Pennsylvania if…
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
2. “Vacation” means going to Hershey Park for the weekend.
3. You measure distance in hours.
4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
5. You often switch from “Heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
6. You use a down comforter in the summer.
7. Your grandparents drive at 65mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
9. You install security lights on your house and garage and then leave both unlocked.
10. You think of the major food groups as deer meat, fish, and berries.
11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend or wife knows how to use them.
12. There are seven empty cars running in the parking lot at the Sheetz mini-mart at any given time.
13. You design your children’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
15. You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas.
16. You know all four seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.
17. It takes you three hours to go to the store for one item, even when you’re in a rush, because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.
18. You can actually eat cold pizza (even for breakfast) and know others who do the same.
19. You not only have heard of Birch Beer, but you know that it comes in several colors: Red, Blue, White, Brown, and Gold.
20. At least five people on your block have electric “candles” in all or most of their windows all year long.
21. You know what a “State Store” is, and your out of state friends find it incredulous that you can’t purchase liquor at the mini-mart.
22. You know several places to purchase or that serve Scrapple, Summer Sausage (Lebanon Bologna), and Hot Bacon Dressing.
23. Top three PENNSYLVANIA “SPORTS”: BOWLING, DARTS, POOL.
24. You can’t go to a Pennsylvania wedding without hearing the “Chicken Dance” and at least five other Polkas.
25. You actually understand these facts and send them on to your friends in PA, too!
Some of those are quite true.
Is it really a regional thing to eat cold pizza for breakfast? I love doing that.